By Jennifer Brass
Read Online or Download Allies or Adversaries: NGOs and the State in Africa PDF
Similar international affairs books
At the eve of the invasion of Iraq, President G. W. Bush argued that if constructing democracy in Japan and Germany after WW II was once winning, then it may even be profitable in Iraq. This e-book presents a close comparability of the reconstruction of Japan from 1945 to 1952 with the present reconstruction of Iraq, comparing the main elements affecting the luck or failure of such initiatives.
This quantity explores the international coverage surroundings dealing with constructing countries and their specific international policy-making constructions and techniques. via defining overseas coverage largely to include the actions of a number of nation actors and non-state actors, the publication broadens the diversity of analytical frameworks for learning overseas policy-making in constructing countries.
The accountability to guard (R2P) is at a crossroads, the most recent in a trip that's simply ten years outdated. This booklet current debates at the prevention of mass atrocities to R2P’s normative clients. The booklet addresses key questions in order to tell and force on-going conversations approximately R2P. relocating past well-rehearsed debates in regards to the tensions and meanings round sovereignty in R2P perform, the ebook specializes in advancing the credibility of the preventive dimensions of R2P, while at the same time reading the level of R2P’s present value-added in country determination making—especially for the 2011 activities in Libya and Côte d’Ivoire.
This significantly new paintings offers an leading edge method of the query of why the Suez difficulty erupted. Bertjan Verbeek the following applies international coverage research framework to British selection making in the course of the main issue, offering the 1st complete overseas coverage research of this significant occasion. in addition, the e-book deals a brand new interpretation on British decision-making throughout the hindrance.
- The Political Invention of Fragile States: The Power of Ideas (ThirdWorlds)
- War and Social Change in Modern Europe: The Great Transformation Revisited
- Building Global Infrastructure (Patterns of Potential Human Progress)
- New Europe, New Germany, Old Foreign Policy?: German Foreign Policy Since Unification (New Europe, New Germany, Old Foreign Policy S)
- Facing China as a New Global Superpower: Domestic and International Dynamics from a Multidisciplinary Angle
- China and North Korea: Strategic and Policy Perspectives from a Changing China (International Relations and Comparisons in Northeast Asia)
Additional info for Allies or Adversaries: NGOs and the State in Africa
Allies or Adversaries: NGOs and the State in Africa by Jennifer Brass