By Sergio Sismondo
- Distinctive in its consciousness to either the underlying philosophical and sociological features of technological know-how and technology
- Explores middle themes corresponding to realism and social building, discourse and rhetoric, objectivity, and the general public realizing of science
- Includes a variety of empirical experiences and illustrative examples to explain the subjects discussed
- Now contains new fabric on political economies of clinical and technological wisdom, and democratizing technical decisions
- Other positive aspects of the recent version comprise superior clarity, up-to-date references, bankruptcy reorganization, and extra fabric on medication and technology
Read or Download An Introduction to Science and Technology Studies PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Few concerns in addition to evolution have so strained americans' professed culture of tolerance. Few historians in addition to Pulitzer Prize winner Edward J. Larson have so perceptively chronicled evolution's divisive presence at the American scene. This narrow quantity reports the main elements, present and historic, of the creation-evolution debate within the usa.
First released in 1976, this a lot acclaimed ebook appears to be like on the tale of ways trendy huge firms have outdated the small competing businesses of the 19th century. The long-run research confirms that the the most important classes within the formula of the fashionable company method have been the 1920's and 1960's.
Although the general public might maintain a hoary photograph of the lone medical or philosophical genius producing insights in isolation, students discarded it in the past. actually, the households of scientists and philosophers within the Enlightenment performed a considerable position, not just making house for inquiry in the domestic but in addition helping in watching, translating, calculating, and illustrating.
Do we count on our medical theories to make up a unified constitution, or do they shape one of those “patchwork” whose items stay self sustaining from one another? Does the proliferation of sometimes-incompatible representations of an analogous phenomenon compromise the power of technology to carry trustworthy wisdom?
- Our Own Devices: Stories of the machine age
- The Elements of Astronomy. A Textbook
- Lengths, Widths, Surfaces: A Portrait of Old Babylonian Algebra and Its Kin (Sources and Studies in the History of Mathematics and Physical Sciences)
- The Circulation of European Knowledge: Niklas Luhmann in the Hispanic Americas
- The Crafting of the 10,000 Things: Knowledge and Technology in Seventeenth-Century China
Additional resources for An Introduction to Science and Technology Studies
An Introduction to Science and Technology Studies by Sergio Sismondo